Australia's Leading Woman Chef 'I put kids off because I love my job'

One of the themes I'm often exploring with clients is how having a child will affect their career.  Contrary to popular belief, it is not just women in the corporate or finance sector that are affected. I find that an equal number of clients come from the creative, media and other industries.  One of those industries is hospitality.  In this interview, one of Australia's leading female chefs talks about the challenges of working as a woman in her industry.

'But other factors that have disadvantaged female chefs cannot be brushed aside. Ribaux says young female chefs have to think long term. "If you want to get into restaurants, do you want kids? As a female, you have more worries about the future."
"I always wanted to be a young mum. But I love my job, a lot. So I've decided to put kids off.'

For the full interview, go to Wanted: Women

Comments

Popular Posts