One to One Coaching

I offer free 30 minute telephone/Skype consultations for people wanting to find out more about coaching on the 'baby decision'. Email me at mailto:beth@ticktockcoaching.co.uk and assistant Laura will respond and arrange an appointment with you. Visit http://www.ticktockcoaching.co.uk/ for more information about my coaching services.

Monday, 29 April 2013

Found this short letter on the choice to have children.  The problem is that very, very rarely does anyone make the decision for purely financial reasons.  In fact, I can think of no coaching client who has come to me for whom finance was the main reasons they were struggling to make the decision.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/opinion/letters/children-a-choice-685052/

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Right now, that is the main reason I am considering not having a child. We have $100,000 in debt, I make 37k a year and my husband makes about 48k. We scrimp and save and want to pay off our debt in 10 years, which would mean I would be 38 and he would be 41. I don't want to wait till I am that old to have kids so it seems to be in our best interest to just not have them at all. I can't stay home from work and neither can my husband, child care is not cheap and neither is a child.

People don't seem to understand our decision right now, but I hope in time they will see that this is the right thing for us. I'm glad I found this blog.

Amanda said...

Right now, that is the main reason I am considering not having a child. We have $100,000 in debt, I make 37k a year and my husband makes about 48k. We scrimp and save and want to pay off our debt in 10 years, which would mean I would be 38 and he would be 41. I don't want to wait till I am that old to have kids so it seems to be in our best interest to just not have them at all. I can't stay home from work and neither can my husband, child care is not cheap and neither is a child.

People don't seem to understand our decision right now, but I hope in time they will see that this is the right thing for us. I'm glad I found this blog.