Men who want children more than their girlfriends or wives

Men, until recently, have not shown a huge amount of interest in exploring this baby decision and therefore, I have targeting my services at women who are exploring or are ambivalent about the baby decision.

In terms of dealing with the tricky issue of wanting a baby when your partner doesn't, if I do have a client is coming to me for help because they want a baby but their partner doesn't, they are women.

However, in the past few years, I seen a slight increase in the numbers of men approaching me for coaching help when they want a child but their partner doesn't

This seems to be a growing trend - as discussed in this article Men Want Babies and Women Want Freedom. 

The author makes a very salient point at the end of the piece,

'As long as the particulars of childcare and career and flexibility are a gamble for women more than men, more and more of us are going to opt out of this dance. The upside is that maybe then we will have the collective leverage to fix the system.'

Comments

Popular Posts