What about men?

I've sometimes been asked this and although I have coached a couple of men around the baby decision, I haven't had many enquiries from men asking for coaching to help them make the decision whether to have children or not. So I do tend for focus the language of my website and this blog on women who are struggling to decide whether to have kids or not. However, in the last two weeks, I've had emails from two men who are struggling with this decision. One wrote me a thoughtful and long email about the difficulties that this has been for both him and previous partners who have felt angry and resentful at his inability to make the decision. He felt that men are not prepared or supported to be fathers in our society and this makes the decision more difficult - as fatherhood seems like an even more risky and/frightening option.

Comments

Popular Posts