I don't want children but my girlfriend does

One of the most difficult situations in a relationship is when one person does want children and the other doesn't.

Most often I tend to coach the partner who does want children but sometimes I do work with people who don't want children but there partners do. 

In these situations, I focus with the client on the following.

1) checking out their decision again - is it a fear based decision? If we look at it from a different perspective or without the fear would they make a different decision? 

2) is there a circumstance where they would consider having children?

3) Accepting the consequence if their decision - are they prepared for the relationship to end?

4) Talking to their partner - How can they have an open and honest conversation with their partner about their decision and the future of their relationship. 

Comments

Popular Posts