Research on the effect of having children on your relationship

In the Saturday Guardian, I came across this interesting response to a query on how having children will affect your relationship. Appartently there has been research to suggest that there is quite a high impact on your relationship - which doesn't surprise me at all.

It's one of those things that you have to weigh up when making the decision or whether to have a child or not.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story/0,,2241725,00.html

Anyway, it's good to see that there is research about this - and more research to add to my book proposal - which I really must work on this week!

Comments

Flowerpot said…
best of luck with teh proposal, Beth. I always find those most difficult!
decided said…
More people need to realise that having a baby can be a strain on a happy relationship, and that it is certainly not a cure-all for a couple that are having problems!

I think it is particularly important that the decision to have children should be a mutual one.

It makes me angry to hear of women 'oopsing' their partners, by stopping taking the pill without telling them. It seems to me to be extremely bad for their relationship, and the child's father might not really want to know them at all.

Popular Posts